help installing sockets in timber frame wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi folks
ive bought a semi detached house, and i need to install a couple of sockets. the house is timber framed, and on the shared wall i cut a hole to take a flush socket box. the wall is made up of 3 layers of plasterboard. behind the plasterboard is a void, with what i presume is next doors wall.
the question is, am i allowed to cut these holes into this wall ?
thanks

Sponsored Links
so it was you making the noise behind my wall..I`ll incur the Party wall Act against you :evil:

Not for putting a socket in you won't. The PWA does not apply in this situation.

why cant i fit a socket into this ?
the previous owner had a single socket installed in the wall.
cheers

Sponsored Links
oops !
if i do fit these sockets, would it be ok to fill the void behind them with unibond no more gaps ?theres a fire resistant version at wickes.

You would need to provide more details about the wall construction, as you may be compromising the fire protection integrity of the wall, in which case you may need to fit specific boxes. Or if there are any other [original] sockets or fittings on this wall have a look behind them to see whats been done

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back