UPVC Conservatory doors latch problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

The latch on our UPVC doors will not catch, i have tried to adjust the little metal bracket that the latch catches on, but i cant move it any more forward. The hinges on the doors will allow us to adjust them in all directions. Can anyone provide any advice in which direction the hinges may need adjusting to allow the door to catch. I dont want to start adjusting the door in every direction to learn that i have made it even worse.

Many Thanks,

Glyn

Sponsored Links
1st thing you need to do is close the doors and mark with a pencil on the door that opens first against the centre mullion to see what cover you have you should have approx 8 mm line when you re-open the door this will tell you if the doors are too far apart or too close it will then give you a guide as to which way to adjust your door.out or in. also try marking the center latch with pencil on the door close the door and transfer the marks as some times if your door catch is lower or higher than the recess it will not latch. this will then determine up or down.

good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back