Hight of Fence / Hedging

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Simple question really...

What hight can a new Fence / Hedging be when placed on a boundry?

I understand a hedge will grow, but im pretty sure a fence hight is fixed...lol

Rgds

M.A.

Sponsored Links
depends where the boundary is but if away from the highway its normally interpreted as 6feet for a fence from ground level. No such problems with most hedges!

The Fence will be in our rear garden.

Our niebours already have a 5foot fence in place, but were going to be double fencing it.

Is the hight of 6 foot abouve ground level on our side or next doors? as our garden is about 6 inches high than theirs....

Need to get my fax straight before i start as these people next door will complain asap if they dont like what we do....

Sponsored Links
if you're double fencing, then i'm assuming that the neighbour's fence is on the boundary line - therefore will your 'fence' actually be a boundary fence? or will it just be a wooden structure within the confines of your property? If so, are the rules the same for it's height?

Just playing devil's advocate here.

fence 2 metrs...hedge ...untill as higfh as u like till they complain

Don,t forget, a tall hedge will cut light to your property, as well as your neighbours...... :?:

if you're double fencing, then i'm assuming that the neighbour's fence is on the boundary line - therefore will your 'fence' actually be a boundary fence? or will it just be a wooden structure within the confines of your property? If so, are the rules the same for it's height?

Just playing devil's advocate here.

I like your way of thinking....lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back