Decking project questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

About to do a decking project which basically starts at our back door goes the whole width of the garden and i want it to finish about 6 inches over our garden pond which is a large pond whole width of garden as well .And before you ask access to rest of garden over a bridge :).So giving impression water goes along way underneath etc etc.

Benn doing alot of reading and have a good plan of how to do it .But i just want to know how to start it on our perimeter wall .My idea was to attach with bolts to the outside wall a 6x2 floor joist fastened with bolts into wall .So obviously i will run joist hangers from this .

The question is is this correct ? .Can i get away with a smaller peice of timber than that seeing as this is being bolted into the wall ?.

Also is there anyone local to me who who could pop round for friendly advice on how to do it at all .Although like i say i have a good idea just want reassuring .

We live in Notts Mansfield-Woodhouse NG199DF .

Sponsored Links
Sounds OK, so long as the wall is sound, of course. Why use a smaller piece of timber? Won't save much money. That said, 4x2 is OK I guess, though you cant hang 6x2 joists off a 4x2 beam.

As for the free advice, sorry I can't work for nowt, besides which I live too far away. Plenty of good advice on here, though

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back