Cavity wall insulation advise please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I need to satisfy my BCO on my current garage conversion (integral garage) on a terrace property part of the wall protrudes beyond my neighboor. The BCO wants to see this cavity wall insulated. Either injected cavity wall or kingspan on the wall inside.
Is there any reason NOT to fill a cavity wall that is the party wall with my neighboor? Not only because its a party wall but maybe because part of the wall is external, majority is between our two properties of course.
You may say go for 50mm kingspan on my wall however space is premium :D and this would encroach closer to my new window in the old garage door void (window is width of the old door).
thx for any advise!! I see diy.com have offer for £149 for complete house insulation, I haven't checked with them yet but feel they may refuse job as it's too small, house is partially cavity wall insulated already.
KS

Sponsored Links
..ooops.. getting too excited about this project... :rolleyes: Shouldn't have posted that one...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back