Turf Online ? Anyone tried them ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking to get some turf for back garden and came across this website, www.turfonline.co.uk
Has anyone used them before or heard any reports good or bad.
They appear to be very reasonable and extremely competitive compared to my local turf suppliers but its the danger of buying over t'internet that worries me ????

Sponsored Links
we always use a local supplier, you know what you are getting then.

Fair point Thermo, I guess for a difference of around £50 a local one would be the better option.
Whilst i'm here can i ask what type of turf do i ask for, reason is i can't see any "across the board" name,
Im looking for a lawn that will tolerate 2 female dogs and 1 child,
Not looking for a bowling green and not looking for a country side meadow ?
Any easily recognised names for this type ??

Probably best with the 'sport' type. Has a few different names, stadium, sportsman etc

Sponsored Links
most suppliers will refer to it by different names. Down here i would put down regal for that or possibly standard, which is a hard wearing rougher grass. Your supplier should be able to advise you on the best option.

be advised that the urine from two female dogs will kill the lawn in patches where they go

be advised that the urine from two female dogs will kill the lawn in patches where they go

strange one this but i've had my 2 dogs, 11 yrs and 3 yrs respectively and my old garden and the turf i have just removed had no dead areas,
Wherever they "went" it made the grass go a darker shade of green and grew quicker. I only wish i could bottle the stuff as it turns the grass a lovely shade of lush green ?
Both dogs have been neutered Think this is why although im not a vet

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back