question regarding bends in drainage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im planning on moving an access chamber and chaning to plastic at the same time. but not spoke to BC yet i want your views first. I will have 2 stacks to pick up all new in plastic. is there a maximun distance from rest bend to IC? distance at a guess will be 5.5m on the longest.

Also is it ok to have slight bends on these runs? im think of using maby 2 30 deg bends about 1m apart? thanks

Sponsored Links
Log onto the planning portal, download & read part H;

http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/england/professionals/en/1115314110382.html

From memory, I think maximum distance is 10m; I think your also allowed one bend up to 45 degrees & you must have rodding access from at least one end but there are other regs. that could catch you out! Have a read & all should be revealed; if in doubt give your LABC a ring.

i have had a look and the only parts i seem to find are these.

siting of access points should be provided

a. on or near the head of each drain run/

b. at a bend or change in direction.

would the stack pipe out the ground be the head of a drain run? theres no distance i can see for this tho? im still sure i have seen small ish bends with no access points like 30 deg maby even 45.

you can get away with bends right next to the inspection chambers.

any bends mid-run will require either an inspection chamber or a rodding eye.

long slow radius bends are acceptable but are costly.

i personally would make the drains run as easy as possible and do what is required. you don't want to be making mistakes underground.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back