Replacing Hormann garage door lock - without the key

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As the title, I've got a Hormann garage door fitted but the previous owners of the property appear to have lost the key! Access to the garage is ok via a side door, but I'd really like to replace the lock barrel with a new one (complete with keys).

I know that normally it's a case of removing the securing screw, use an existing key to turn the lock slightly so the cam is aligned and then remove the whole unit, but I have no key for step 2.

Would a key from another Hormann door provide enough 'turn' to align the cam or is it a locksmith job?

Thanks in advance for any positive reponses.

Sponsored Links
If its operated by a single euro cylinder, then my advice would be to call a locksmith to open/remove it, and they can also supply a replacement. Call around a few places, and compare this against replacing the entire handle mechanism - which will come with a new euro cylinder/keys. Ebay are usually a good source for garage door handles/locks.

Just seen where you are located - I can give you the number of a good guy who'll open the lock for you, and supply a replacement if required ;)

Just seen where you are located - I can give you the number of a good guy who'll open the lock for you, and supply a replacement if required ;)

I thought you might say that. How much does it cost someone to drive up to Bolsover?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back