Stands?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I went to a Screwfix trade counter to buy a few things.

I was surprised to find that they did not stock builders stands.

Not sure if thats the correct name for them but I mean the double legged metal stands with adjustable heights between about 800 mm and 1500mm
which can be used to support scaffold boards when decorating or working on a ceiling etc.

Whats the proper name for them and where are they easily obtainable?

Tony

Sponsored Links
I find it's easy to get a long stand in my local Screwfix trade counter.

Usually its behind the numpties wanting to inspect/query/source alternatives to items while we all wait behind them.

You probably want a trestle

Sponsored Links
Can anyone suggest any alternatives for "adjustable trestles?"
Did you mean alternative terminology, or methods? How about a load of blocks at either end of a deal? Easily adjustable... ;)

I meant alternative suppliers!

But any alternative technology might be worth considering but not blocks on the third floor of the house when its only needed for one days work fixing a boiler! Its also a clean occupied house!

Tony

That looks just the job.

It did not come up on my screwfix search or in their catalogue for some reason.

By the way B&Q have a special offer on a narrow work platform at about £19.95 which I am going to buy. The platform part would be usable with two of those telescopic trestles ( if they are still available. )

Thanks

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back