Ultracom 38 CXi

B

BigBurner

I read on the Glow Worm site that the Ultracom 38 CXi can have an outside sensor. I think this means for outside weather compensation. The installation manual mentions little of this and does not show how to connect one. Does anyone know of this sensor? I also want a remote timer. May the boiler facia mounted timer be move to another room? What do people think of the Ultracom 38 CXi? It looks like a Vaillant inside and they own Glow Worm.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
yes the outside sensor does vary the temp of the heating. connection is only 1 cable. instructions are with the outside compensator

yes the outside sensor does vary the temp of the heating. connection is only 1 cable. instructions are with the outside compensator

Thanks. Does the sensor instructions tell you how to set up the weather compensation curve? or is this pre-set in the boiler? I have never come across a weather compensator that cannot have the curve set.

With a little more looking and downloading, I saw that a thermostat/programmer can be bought that matches the CXi control system and modulates the burner accordingly and it looks simple to fit. If it modulates the burner then this must be a "senor", not a switching stat, sending data to the boiler which it uses to then to calculate and modulate the burner.

I did a search on this forum on the CXi and problems on earlier model have had mods so it is now a sound boiler.

Any opinions on the CXI?

I fitted my first one this week. Several niggles that were worse than the Vaillant, but several things that seemed better, allowing for the fact I know the Vaillants inside out and don't the Glow Worm :rolleyes:

All in all I think it's ok for the price. I shall be specifying more as I can offer the customer a better deal on them.

Sponsored Links
Yep the Ultracom CXI's seem to be ok, have installed quite a few and had one which had a twisted o-ring in the divertor valve and another where the exp vessel was not charged but other than that they produce the goods.

Thanks. Is the CXi quiet? I am looking at the 38 kilowatt model.

It ticks a lot of boxes.

Yes they are pretty quite better that some and not others. I hav'nt done the 38 only the 30's but should be ok. On heating only it is whisper quite.

Yes they are pretty quite better that some and not others. I hav'nt done the 38 only the 30's but should be ok. On heating only it is whisper quite.

This is to go in the loft. Never done a loft combi before. I believe it needs: a light, boarding and a shoot down ladder. Anything else?

I fitted a HXi about 3 years ago. I see the Ultracom appears to be this range with just the Ultracom word used. Is that so?

The vented Ultracom can have an Climapro Programmable Room stat fitted by having another (extra?) board fitted. The Climapro Programmable Room stat modulates the burner. I wonder if that can also be the case with the older HXIs?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back