Shed Base

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have concrete slabs in the garden that i wish my 7 x 5 shed to go on.
I believe its better to raise the shed so it does not get any water penetrated into the wood. I have quite a few spare bricks around so could i position these on the slabs in a sort of 6 x 4 shape for the base of the shed to rest on? And also a few in the middle.

So standing away from the shed i will not see the bricks. Will the weight of the shed keep the bricks in place so it does not move.

Sponsored Links
afraid it dosnt quite work like that

assuming the shed comes complete with base as not all do !!!

the base will have around 4 bits of wood going one way probably 4 inches in from each edge and another 2 central

so on 2 edges your bricks will be an inch or so inside the edge

now the other 2 edges will be bricks supporting the ends of the joists but its advisable to come right up to the end [within 2 inches ]to give full support

make shure you put felt on top of the bricks before you put the wood on top

you will probably need around 60kg in weight to stop yourshed moving in the strongest gales and around 30kg in more normal winds

Sponsored Links
no no all i was saying was the bricks will be near the edge and unavoidably in veiw although you could add a further plank off wood to the bottom making shure it stops an inch or so off the ground to allow for airflow and to stop it rotting
if you have a base then support every 18" on bricks is ideal and will give mavimum support :D ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back