Ideal LXFF260 not igniting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help please.
Have a problem an Ideal LXFF 260 boiler not igniting. Thermostat on full, water and heating programmer on Have checked through the fault find flowchart and so far
fan is working OK (replaced about 18 months ago)
boiler thermostat set to maximum and mains switch on
Ignition electrode is sparking BUT pilot does not light
Pilot injector is clear
Therefore I assume that there is no gas reaching the pilot - what do I need to check next.
For info the gas valve is a Honeywell VR4601A/A1036

Sponsored Links
If you have 240vAC at GV1 on the pcb then it is a faulty gas valve.

RGI job only though to replace, especially on these as they can be a pain in the ar*e

Thanks Dave, I'll check voltage on PCB.

By the way - waht is RGI??

Cheers

Or if your getting to 240 at pilot solenoid just change that ,no need to touch gas it just held on by a clip

Sponsored Links
Hi Dave

Just checked with multimeter and have 233V at GVI when the boiler is on and pilot igniter clicking away.

Assume it needs a new gas valve so I will have to call in my local friendly Corgi guy. - Any idea what a reasonable charge is for this type of work??

Thanks

if you can change the pilot solenoid then 10 mins

if you need the whole valve then 90mins as said they are a pain in the backside

Solinoid maybe £20 Gas valve £100 perhaps??

Thanks for all the help, going to check pilot solenoid first then call out the local Corgi guy if gas valve needs changing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back