curved decking facia

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

does anyone have any recommendations for bending a facia board to provide a finish to the decking I have built (picture in my album)

the decking is raised about 200 mm from the path which curves round it and the decking is cut to match its curve, I now need to attached a facia type board out of same or similar wood to hide the joists etc but would like it to follow the curve for a good finish

any suggestion much appreciated !

Andy

Sponsored Links
very difficult with decking boards to get a curve on them. We normally build the frame to an octagonal shape and place a fascia on each side of the octagon, then oversail the actuial boards over the edge and cut them to the curve.

hi

thanks for the reply would it not be possible to use a different section of timber ie a thinner one which would bend easier ?

I have bent timber for boat building, put the timber in a metal pipe with water and a bung at both ends and then but it over a fire and steam it, but it's easier and safer to use ply and laminate it with a waterproof wood glue. if you google it I'm sure you'll find something, it really is very simple.

Sponsored Links
I replied to this post last night but it seems to have disappeared.....

Any moderater able to explain where my post went :?: :rolleyes:

I have used thin marine ply with success (and no reports of any failures!). Just make sure you seal all the edges with a suitable waterproof varnish.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back