Block paving against uneven edge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am planning to put some block paving at teh back of my house, edging against a back lane - the back lane is concrete and I was going to use this as one edge.

I have just noticed tha the concrete is not level - indeed there is a dip to one side that looks like several inches (4 or so) Since this is more than the depth of the blocks it sort of scuppers my plan - I don't want to slope the blocks as this will give a puddle pronde area to the paving.

Any ideas? I can only think of stopping the blocks a few inches from the lane and filling with concrete.

Sponsored Links
That sounds like your best option! Mix it stiff and just bench it to the appropriate slope. Not saying you were going to but DONT be tempted to use gravel or it will destroy your new paving.

Your best bet is to do exactly what you have said, and r896neo said too!

It will look really bad any other way to be honest, but by stopping short, you get what you want-decent block paving!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back