Gap at bottom of door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi....I have just replaced the carpet in my Bathrooms with Vinyl flooring ....there is now a significant gap at the base between the floor and door bottom.

I don't fancy changing the doors.......can someone please me tell the best way of covering up the gap so that it looks pleasing to the eye.... ?.

I was thinking of adding some thin wooden moulding to the bottom of the door on the outside and a door brushstrip on the inside.... !!.

Does anyone have a better suggestion ?

Thanks in advance..

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
You could also think about taking the door off and glueing and pinning a suitable piece of timber to bottom of door.Fill,sand,prime,undercoat and gloss(?)......jobs a goodun(if the door is already painted that is)

Or drop the door in its frame and fill the gap at the top of the frame with a timber fillet paint it to match the rest of the frame.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back