WHICH? mower ... ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello - I'm looking for a recommendation on the best mower for the job, which is:

I have a series of nine, 6m x 1m grass stripes with each stripe bounded by fine pea-gravel. (Everedge edging has been used to separate the grass from the gravel).

Given the above, I'm assuming I will need a Hover mower of some description?

It must be light-weight/manouvreable, with it's own collection bin so clippings don't spill on to gravel - and an updraft not strong enough to suck up the fine gravel too! I expect it will need to be electric.

Can anyone recommend to me a specific Make and Model (and supplier)?

Many thanks.

(Edinburgh)

Sponsored Links
Don't know about the best, but do not touch "mountfield", they used to be the best but they are now crap since being taken over a few years ago.

Been looking around my self for a similar mower,as i have levelled my garden off now so don't need my Honda izzy (Anyone want to buy it;)).
I quite like the look of the Flymo Vision Compact 330 - Hover Collect with Easi-Reel.

It's the easi-reel - quick to reel in the cable and the collection box.

I too WILL have 4 grass areas with gravelled borders.

To be honest i have a only ever seen and used Flymo, so don't know about other makes.

Any experience on these hover mowers?

Sponsored Links
Actually, been reading reviews and DON'T get a hover mower/flymo. They seem to be over hyped and are basically rubbish and have lots of flaws.

On the other hand - The Bosch range seem to have lots of great reviews, i think i'll get this one - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-Rotak...r/dp/B000NLRBOY/ref=pd_sbs_hi_title_1[/QUOTE]

Just bought that exact model a couple of weeks ago and very pleased with it. Cuts and collects very well and has a decent sized grass bin. We have a medium sized lawn and perect for the job - might be a bit too bulky for small thin strips of lawn though?
Oh yes and this model has the rear roller so gives nice stripy finish and the neat little edge combs that cut very well up to lawn edging (we have sleepers)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back