UPVC Front Door lock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a UPVC Front Door that opens from the out side via the handle unless the door is locked by the key.

I wish to change the arrangement so that the door is only opened from the outside by the key.

My concern is that if the key has not been turned to lock any body can enter the house from outside by just turning the handle.

What do I have to do to the mechanism to give desired results or do I have to buy a new door lock mechanism?
Can any one help with detailed instructions on what to do?
Plonker

Sponsored Links
it all depends on the lock you have fitted at the moment,unless you know the exact make and model or can remove it from the door and post a pic its impossable to tell exactly what you need to do.
in simple terms though,if the lock has 2 holes for the handle spindle (one above the other) then its usualy just a case of the correct type of furniture and an extra hole in the door.
if it only has the one handle hole in the lockcase then a new mech is required,and thats if your particular make does a model with the function you require.
expect to pay £25-£35 for handle furniture and £60 upwards for a new mech.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back