Wooden window water leak in a very odd place!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have wooden window frames which hold double glazed units. In my lounge I have a bay window setup. In the recent downpour I have an oddly positioned water leak into the house.

The water is coming in through the corner join at the very top right hand corner of the right hand side of the bay window. The frame is recessed by about an inch from the outside face of the building, so that the top of the windows doesn't get wet! Yet this is where the water appears to be coming from. Frames are in good condition. They were painted about a year ago outside with quality wood stain type product.

Any ideas what is going on? I can't see any obvious crack or mark to suggest where the water is getting in on the outside of the windows.

Thinking about getting the insides of the window frames painted too, would this cause a problem as I'd use the same stuff as the outside or very similar.

Ta

Andy

Sponsored Links
whats immediately above!!!!

water can enter cavities runs down the brick and lands on whatever closes the cavity and leak out

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back