Kitchen Nightmare

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
First post here so be gentle please. I have just had a kitchen fitted by the worst company ever! Im lucky, Ive kept money back, others havent been so lucky. What I want to know is how do I adjust an integrated fridge door? At the moment its not sealing correctly so I need to make the actual fridge door get closer to the fridge. The full unit has standard kitchen door hinges on it, and the integrated door is connected with a plastic slide type hinge. When I close the fridge now its wood against wood when the door meets the carcas. I just want to move it in a bit!
Please help

Sponsored Links
Our old badly installed integrated fridge used to do this.
I just ulled the fridge itself forward inside the tower housing.
I'm sure it should have been secured but wasn't.

My fridge is fitted securley so I wouldnt know how to pull it forward. Its really annoying me, especially when the kids slam it!!

Sponsored Links
There are normally just a few screws securing the bottom of the fridge to the base of the unit and a couple either side between the the two doors.
The ones in the middle tend to be covered by some kind of cover which you may need to remove.
Once you have unscrewed all these you should be able to slide the fridge forward a little then fix back in place ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back