heatline c24 boiler wont ignite after prepayment gas ran out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Moved into a property with prepayment gas. It ran out and I topped up this morning. But now my heatline c24 boiler wont ignite and the led for check gas flow is flashing....im not sure if there is a cut off or anything...im a crap girl and no no one will help...please help

x

Sponsored Links
Not familiar with the boiler myself, but it may be worth turning off the electricity supply to the boiler for half a minute. That may reset everything.

tried that...its like there is still no gas getting through to be ignited...the poor sparkey thing is trying to light it.

Sponsored Links
gas fire ?

if not you've got to buy another credit/or whatever to check...its the first and simplist thing to try.

the credit is registered on the meter..it there an emergency cut off tht is triggered by zero credit perhaps?

The prepayment meters can lockout, suggest you call in your gas supplier to check.

As someone said the meters lock out, if you put your card back in and press and hold the red button untill you hear the clunk of the meter reopening, if you have done that look for a reset button on the boiler.

Mark, the meter thing worked. i now officially love you. thank you for all ur help guys!!! x

glad to hear, now its time to get meter changed apart from the most expensive way to pay for gas, there is nothing worse than driving around looking for a place open to re charge the card in the middle of winter when you have forgotten to put gas on it in the day.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back