UPVC Stained glass windows?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wanna fit some new windows in my house, anyone know of a good company that sell stained glass UPVC one's! Also wanna keep the orginal front door but have it reglassed with the same pattern as new windows, if i make any sence :D :D

Im in the southeast of england if that helps!

Sponsored Links
Hi, any good double glazing company should be able to offer you leaded glass units, if they dont manufacture their own units then the company they deal with will be able to offer this service. If your front door is upvc then you would just have to prize of the beading which secures the glass in place, take note of the packers around the glazed unit. If you look at a company like Decra Led on the web, you will be able to get an idea as to the types of leaded styles available.

Regards

Kev

Wanna fit some new windows in my house, anyone know of a good company that sell stained glass UPVC one's! Also wanna keep the orginal front door but have it reglassed with the same pattern as new windows, if i make any sence :D :D

Im in the southeast of england if that helps!
Are you talking about stained leadlight window or the stained paint onto the D/G unit?

If you want your old leadlight window inside the D/G unit then the external size of the leadlight window will have to be altered to fit inside the D/G unit, normally 24mm less in total. I make stained leadlight window as a hobby and not many double glazed company will altered the size as they don't know how to do it unless they sub-contracted out and even then most of won't put it into unit as it's too much hassles for them to do. They are about, so good luck!

Maybe I just read this wrong, I thought you were after leaded light glass effect, not the real thing, I dont know any double glazing companies who would be able to do true leaded light double glazed units, I did not even think it was possible. If you are after the leaded light glass effect then Decra Led is worth looking at for ideas. These products are used by nearly all manufacturers of doors and windows, and the effects can be truly outstanding. If I read it wrong accept my apologies!

Sponsored Links
Maybe I just read this wrong,
I'm not sure either :)
I dont know any double glazing companies who would be able to do true leaded light double glazed units,
It's very hard to find one :cry: But they are about
I did not even think it was possible.
Just done my front door and the above fanlight window with stained leadlight inside the double glazed, double glazing companies are now waking up because the clients want to keep the old leadlight windows, hopefully it will catch on. You can't beat the real thing specially when the sun shine through the colour glass unlike the (yuk) ;) painted on window

Ive been ringing round a few companys and Everest do want im after, there coming out next week to quote me!!

I think you can get best solution from Imperial Doors which is UK's leading doors and windows supplier company. Advertisng removed uPVC doors, Bi folding doors, French doors and more...

You are looking for uPVC windows, it is also available at affordable cost.

Moderater3

Welcome to the forum ;)

3) NO Free advertising. Any adverts will be removed. Please contact [email protected] if you wish to advertise

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back