Shiplap for shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I'm building a shed and want it to be fairley robust, I was going to clad it with shiplap but have seen some tounge and groove stuff they called matching ( it has a chamfer on each edge which I think is so water will run off??). Is this the best stuff to use ??. I was thinking T&G would be stronger and more air and water tight. Any advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Most important thing is that it's treated, the matchboard? that you've seen might be for vertical installation, depending on the profile. Shiplap will be fine anyway.

i wouldnt go for matching its only 9mm thick x88mm [assuming its ex 100x13mm]

go for 5" txg shiplap not 6" as its 50% more for the extra inch

Thanks for your advice, the matching I've seen is 19x125 and is £1.12 mtr
which is same size and price as shiplap. I can see what you mean about it being for vertical fitting, maybe it will be best to stick with shiplap.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your advice, the matching I've seen is 19x125 and is £1.12 mtr
which is same size and price as shiplap. I can see what you mean about it being for vertical fitting, maybe it will be best to stick with shiplap.

dont forget 125 boards have a coverage of 110mm so 9 boards = 1m not 8 ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back