Moss on lawn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

I have a couple of patches off moss that I am trying to get rid off. See pictures below. I have used a lawn feed / weed and mosskiller and have raked up the moss once it went black. What do I have to do to bring the lawn back to life? Will the grass just grow back or do I need to sow some grass seed on the affected areas? Do I need to apply more feed / weed / mosskiller to make sure all the moss is dead?

I try and cut the lawn once a week although I have left it this weekend mainly due to the crap weather and also think I may have cut it too short last time so giving it time to recover.

P1000628.jpg

P1000629.jpg

P1000630.jpg

Sponsored Links
i managed to get 1mtr strips of turf for £1.60 straight from the local turf farm, i rang as asked could i collect.

maybe an idea.?

Sponsored Links
i managed to get 1mtr strips of turf for £1.60 straight from the local turf farm, i rang as asked could i collect.

maybe an idea.?

Possible - I think Imay try and easy option and just throw some grass seed down first. If that doesn't work I'll do as you suggest and dig out the affected areas and re-turf. Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back