Dry mix for brick paver garden path?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've set out a rustic garden path using brick pavers..it's about 1m wide and 22m long...I've bedded the pavers onto a bed of sharp sand which in turn is on a bed of consolidated scalpings. How do I make a "dry mix" to brush in and bond it all together? I'm getting conflicting advice...what's best? Cheers in advance.

Sponsored Links
once laid onto the sharp sand the paviors are consolidated into the sharp sand with a compacter plate.

at the same time kiln dried sand is brushed into the joints ans is allowed to fall in. this must be done on a dry day.

this will only work if the edges or extremities of the paved area are restrained.

if they are allowed to spread the job will fail - miserably.

you can avoid the compacter plate by simply bedding the paviors onto a sharp sand mortar screed. this does mean more care should be taken whilst laying and levelling the paviors.

Don't 'brush' a drymix in, you need to point it in, if you brush it in it will not be any good.

Sponsored Links
The gaps between the brick pavers are quite wide (by design)...if it needs pointing, what's the best method?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back