artex

A

angelap

my boyfriend has taken a wooden partition wall out and has plasterboarded the holes.. the existing ceiling is i think stipple, he has put artex on it and used a stipple square thing and the stipples seem to be alot closer than the existing ceiling... how can he match it ??

Sponsored Links
Depends on how the original was applied, whether it was put on with a stipple pad or a roller. It will also depend on how thick the artex is. Trial and error I'm afraid, he'll just have to play about untill he manages a reasonable match. I think you may find that a thinner mix works best applied with a roller.

Sponsored Links
What you are normally called has two of the letters in it, so you're part way there :)

The thicker you mix the artex the spikier it will be. Thin it down like double cream and the stipple will be a lot softer and a bit more apart.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back