Strange things under floorboards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just found a gun (old revolver) and a machete under the floor of our new house.

Apart from us being a bit worried about the previous occupants, and now never planning to dig up the patio....

What kind of stuff have you guys found in the course of your DIY/jobs

cheers - off to the cop-shop now to hand them in !

Sponsored Links
Not so strange, but interesting...

A copy of the times dated 1910, with the headline...

"why not a channel tunnel?"

complete with a drawing which bears a remarkable likeness to the eventual one - two tunnels with interconnecting service access...

But the trains running through them were steam engines though .... :LOL:

That tunnel was actually started and is still there today.

Sponsored Links
I once found a jehovah's witness under the floorboards

A full cat skeleton.

I did not let on. They had lost it ("it" being a live Tiddles) a good few months earlier...

not under the floorbpoards, but I once found a P08 pistol (German Luger) underneath an old cherry tree I dug up. Doubtless a war souvenir of the old family who had lived there from when it was built in the 1920's. the tree trunk was about 200mm diameter.

It was nothing but a mass of rust, except the magazine which had been protected by the wooden grips and might have been greasy.

My old dad found some jewellery which had been put under an old stove in his greenhouse.

A full cat skeleton.

I did not let on. They had lost it ("it" being a live Tiddles) a good few months earlier...

Are you telling us they lived in a house with a rotting cat carcass under the floorboards and never even knew? It wouldn't be possible to live in such a house never mind it go unnoticed.

And how do you explain where the fur went?

In a dry atmosphere amongst the heating pipes a cat would simply mummify. It would retain all its fur and most of its sinew and muscle.

So where do you think that lot went to?

Didn't you once claim to drive 240,000 miles a year in the USA?

No wonder Softus calls you a liar.

Dr joe - bless you!

I know you're trying your hardest to be sociable and polite...it's just that sometimes words don't come out of your keyboard quite how you expect.

I'm not an expert on decaying tissue, but I know at least one thing: I do not lie - what's the point?

All I know is the clients told me they lost a cat and I found a clean skeleton of one under their floor. It was damp under the floor and nowhere near heating pipes, if that makes a difference.

There was also signs of rodents under the floor.

It didn't have a handy collar with "TIDDLES" on the tag, so I could not identify it.

Please don't drag Softus into this. AFAIR, he has never called me a liar, unless in jest. Please substantiate your claim (he can't).

I have never been to the US, so would not make such a claim. And I don't believe a single driver anywhere in the world could manage 240K in 12 months.

I think my maximum is around the mid 30's, and that took some doing.

OK - we all believe in clean skeletons. :rolleyes:

I'm only reporting fact here: I cannot explain my findings.

Fact 1: Client tells me they lost a cat.

Fact 2. I find cat skeleton.

Am I still a liar - Ask Softus, he knows, apparently!

I'm only reporting fact here: I cannot explain my findings.

Fact 1: Client tells me they lost a cat.

Fact 2. I find cat skeleton.

Am I still a liar - Ask Softus, he knows, apparently!

Who cares what you are. We all know that it is a story, an Internet story. Be what you want to be - say whatever you like - but please try to keep it at least plausible.

Perhaps it was just a skeleton when it was put there?

Didnt think of that did you eh? eh?..I dont watch Quincy for nothing you know!

Sponsored Links
Back