Tumble-Dryer hose hole

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to put a hole in the wall for the tumble-dryer hose. I haven't got the hole cutting kits. I do have an SDS drill and long drill bits so was thinking of drilling the centre of the hole and then drilling a series of holes round the diameter of the hole and knocking it out. Messy but I will try and tidy it as best I can and it will be covered by vent outside and behind the tumble-dryer inside. Sound ok or is there a better solution? Tips?

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
I assume you will be fitting the outside vent cowl thing what ever its called, this will cover the mess you will make.
I used hammer & cold chisel

Drill from both sides if you can - this will minimise breakout. Expect to cement round the pipe end if you want to fit the louvred grille with screws. Failing that, use silicone to stick it on. Cheers John :)

Sponsored Links
Just what I was thinking, once I have the initial centre hole done I will mark out the diameter of the hole and drill from either side.

Cheers.

the core drills are so much easier and neater, see what it would cost to hire one for half a day locally.

btw I wouldn't use the louvred vents like venetian blinds, thery rattle annoyingly and break of in string winds

these cowl vents have a backdraught flap inside, i prefer them

p1849536_l.jpg

Cheers John,

Never seen them vents before. Can you get them in B & Q, Wickes etc. or links to them? Ideally somewhere where I can have it for tomorrow so I can fit it all. Ty.

that pic came from Screwfix but i think i have seen them in various DIY sheds. Colours vary.

Thank you for all the help and advice. Drilled the hole out as original post and it worked a treat. Although for future reference I will make the hole a little larger.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back