Connecting guttering to water butts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm connecting additional water butts, and also wanting to do away with having any of my rainwater fallpipes go into the sewer. I want to have a couple of butts a few yards from the house, right by the veg plot, but need to figure a watertight way of connecting from the guttering to either hose, or 38mm piping (so as to not be visually large and expensive running all the way to the butts).

Can anyone recommend a good way to connect fall pipe (2.5" approx) to 38mm plastic pipe and/or hose pipe.

Because I want ALL the water from the fall pipe to go to the butt (then overflow to a soakaway area), I'm not interested in those things you typically put in a fall pipe to divert to a butt until it's full.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
whats wrong with those water diverters? does what you want and surely all you need to is extend the pipe?

well if you want 100% rain going into the butts, why not chop the bottom of the down pipe off and "re plumb" it to the butts

Sponsored Links
well if you want 100% rain going into the butts, why not chop the bottom of the down pipe off and "re plumb" it to the butts

That's exactly what I'm wanting to do - the problem is that I don't want to run loads of 68mm pipe around to the butts, so am looking for a way to connect 68mm to 38mm, which will be adequate for the flow of water off a not-too-large roof.

Can you get hoppers with 38mm discharge pipe?

well how about you get / make "an end cap" and connect a smaller diameter pipe to this?

:idea: put a funnel in a pipe of the size you require (you may have to cut it down a bit)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back