Help needed with filling a cavity

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I am new to the forum, and have a problem I hope you can help with.

Firstly, I hope I have posted this question in the correct section, and secondly you will have to forgive me if I don't use the correct terms sometimes as I am not too experienced at doing this kind of stuff.

My problem is this:

The lower part of our double glazed back door frame has become loose because the material (not brick) that the frame fixings were drilled into has disintegrated away.

So far I have exposed the area by removing a section of wooden frame and pulled out all the loose material. It seems to be a grey material with relatively low density, its not concrete, and I don't thinks its render.

I have secured the door frame by drilling and locating a frame fixing into the floor. So now I want to fill area has crumbled away and then fix the frame into this newly filled material.

My problem is that I don't quite know what to fill it with, I have to fill an area which is about 2 inches deep and a 1 meter high and 2 inches wide. I realise I could use polyfiller, but is there an alternative that will not take quite as long as it seems I have to apply the polyfiller in layers and leave to dry, I feel this might take sometime.

Thanks for you help

Gary

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back