Cleaning black mould on window frame

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know how to clean black mould from PVC window frames. The flat was occupied by someone who didn’t ventilate adequately and now the kitchen window has a substantial outbreak of mould on the PVC frame. Before this the window was pristine white.

Sponsored Links
kitchen cleaner spray with bleach will kill it. Once it is dead it dries out and cleans off much more easily. Flash and other brands are easily available.

you can get mildew cleaners and PVC revivers as well in houshold cleaners shelves. Try not to use anything abrasive or you will spoil the gloss.

Thanks John. I haven't tried anything yet as I didn't want to screw up and spread it and make the job a whole lot tougher.

Bleach sounds like a good idea - did you mean to use the bleach straight from the bottle or diluted. After the treatment, will the mould dry off in a few hours or are we talking more than that. I am hoping that there will be no residual stain as this stuff looks pretty nasty.

Sponsored Links
I mean the kitchen cleaning spray which includes bleack. Bleach from the bottle will run off and might be too strong.

5018374194572_200.jpg
5413149418431_200.jpg

the mildew will be killed almost at once and should be dry in an hour or so

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back