HELP - Double paving disaster (possibly)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just brushed a dry mix into my rustic path and several issues have sprung up:

Unlike my other path, the mix here has instantly smeared the old brick red pavers a dull grey (despite a lot of brushing).

I used a mix of 3 sand to 1 cement.

The second disaster is the weather...despite my friendly web weather forcast saying dry and cloudy, it's now raining....Everything I've read says you should only do the paving on a dry day.

Any one able to offer some words of wisdom on a) how do I get my pavers clean, and b) Am I likely to have to re-do everything if the rain continues?

Any advice would be great... Thanks

Sponsored Links
Busy - you could try Brick Cleaner, an acid solution designed for removing cement staining from brickwork. Apply the solution, watch it react with the cement, wash it off with a hose. Try it on a discrete section of path (a trial run) to check if there's any effect on the pavers; if you're quick with washing-off the solution it may not brighten-up the pavers. Avoid brushing the stuff in as this will encourage the solution to have a go at the pavers - the aim is for the juice to react only with the cement. Wear goggles, rubber gloves and very old clothes (splashes will rot fabric).

Sounds like great advice...just got some brick cleaner and going to give it a whirl first thing tomorrow. Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back