fence at an angle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to build a 6 ft high timber close board fence using morticed concrete posts and arris rails however due to the perimeter shape of my garden border I need to follow a chamfered fence line ie 2 corners at approx 45 degrees forming a 90 degree turn at one end of the fence run. Can anyone tell me if this is possible to do using this type of fencing system and the best way to go about.

Sponsored Links
absolutley.

easiest way is to cut the arris rails at the required angle and screw them to the post. Work out the posts you will nedd and get them morticed on the one side only so you have something to screw to. We normally put a timberlock screw through the other face into the arris rail for extra strength.

If the angle is smaller then you can get a bit of play with the arris rail, especially if you chamfer the end down slightly.

screws through concrete posts?

(concrete is great :) )

Sponsored Links
yes drill it first and use a timberlock.

(i did miss the bit about concrete, but we have done it this way for some dozy customers who think concrete looks nice)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back