concrete in birmingham area

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im going to be digging trench foundation for a garden shed, 40 ft length x 17inches wide x 20inches deep.

how much is required and anyone know any ceap places in Birmingham to supply it.

I also only have narrow access to the back, any ways around this?

Sponsored Links
That's one hell of a shed foundation!

Using your figues you need 3.3 cubic metres of concrete

1 tonne of dust
2 tonnes of sand
4 tonnes of ballast

As to narrow access - barrow & some friends!

That's one hell of a shed foundation!

Using your figues you need 3.3 cubic metres of concrete

1 tonne of dust
2 tonnes of sand
4 tonnes of ballast

As to narrow access - barrow & some friends!

how many barrows per cubic metre?

well the sheds 22ft x 18ft - its rthe store the excess stuff the house cant hold

will put laying some swa for power as well at some point

Forgive me if I'm being a bit thick here but if your shed is 22' x 18' and you are laying a strip foundation the the total length is going to be the perimiter of the shed - 80'

What is the shed's construction ? and do you really need a strip foundation rather than a raft

Sponsored Links
Forgive me if I'm being a bit thick here but if your shed is 22' x 18' and you are laying a strip foundation the the total length is going to be the perimiter of the shed - 80'

What is the shed's construction ? and do you really need a strip foundation rather than a raft

Sorry your right, I only counted one half of it.

Will be built using blocks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back