Building Garden Gate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am hoping to build my own garden gate as it will be cheaper than buying a ready made one i am hoping to build something like this. does any body have any plans i could follow?

jzjrqs.jpg

thanks for any info

Sponsored Links
Errr ..... you've posted the plan - just copy the picture and decide on your own dimensions.

You also need to rebate the 3 stiles so that you don't get gaps when the T&G contracts

Sponsored Links
HI FIRST YOU ARE GOING TO NEED THE WRIGHT TOOLS FOR THE JOB,,, THERES, A LOT OF WORK THAT GOES INTO MAKING THAT TYPE OF GATE... NEXT YOUR ARE GOING TO HAVE TO DECIDE... IF YOU WANT TO USE HARD WOOD OR SOFT WOOD. TREATED OR UNTREATED

HI FIRST YOU ARE GOING TO NEED THE WRIGHT TOOLS FOR THE JOB,,, THERES, A LOT OF WORK THAT GOES INTO MAKING THAT TYPE OF GATE... NEXT YOUR ARE GOING TO HAVE TO DECIDE... IF YOU WANT TO USE HARD WOOD OR SOFT WOOD. TREATED OR UNTREATED

Hi. First you are going to need the right tools for the job. There's a lot or work that goes into making that type of gate. Next you're going to have to decide if you want to use hardwood or softwood? Treated or untreated? :evil:

Hi. First you are going to need the right tools for the job. There's a lot or work that goes into making that type of gate. Next you're going to have to decide if you want to use hardwood or softwood? Treated or untreated? :evil:

I do believe you were once my English teacher.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back