my Worcester Greenstar 28i Junior can't ignite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I just bought a new house and the previous owner installed the Worcester Greenstar 28i Junior. I went out for holiday for three weeks and switched off the boiler by pressing the main switch.
When I came back from Holiday I switch it on. While showering I found there is no hot water. After checking the boiler, reset the boiler, the problem is still there.

I have called worcester and they said it is already out of the warranty period. The cost to look at it is 185 puls 60 reserve. A plumber came this noon and said that the problem is with the gas. The fire just does not ignite. When the boiler is switched on the flame indicator is green but went out after several seconds.

Can anyone give me some thoughts on this. Because this is the first house I bought in my life, I have no any experience about plumbing, heating systems, etc. So you help is really appreciated.

Sponsored Links
When you say the fire does not ignite do you mean a gas fire won't ignite or the boiler won't fire? Have you checked the gas meter? Is there gas to any other appliances ?

Sounds like you need a local RGI to call, try to get someone to recommend one to you, should hopefully be cheaper than calling worcester out.

Sponsored Links
sorry I am totally new to all these terms. What does RGI mean?

My friend just came and said it may be the problem of gas pressure. If I can top up the gas pressure, it will work. But I don't know how to increase gas pressure.

I already found the gas adjustment screw but don't know whether this can increase pressure.

RGI=registered gas engineer - that means registered with Corgi

you cant up the gas pressure , what is the system water pressure? should be at least 1 bar if its less follow the faqs top of page you are after number 6.

what do you mean by system water pressure? Do you mean that dial in the control panel. It's 2.x something. It should be fine.

A plumber came and checked the problem. He told me that the fan stopped working. It should be the problem of the fan.

But I have a feeling that it may also be the problem of the water. Will the problem be caused by some blockage of the water channel?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back