Decking Advice Required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Decking Quotes - had a couple of quotes to install a deck. 1st guy says he will do it in a week (Mon-Fri) and that he will use screws to fix the deck to the frame. 2nd guy says his company will do it in a day and that the deck will be nailed to the frame.
1st guy is just starting out and his company have no website etc, 2nd guy has the website and seems to talk the talk. Quotess are almost identical
Who would you choose???

Sponsored Links
Personally, the guy that will use screws. How big is the deck, what is the design, etc if the other company recon they can do it in a day?

What is the difference in price?

I'd certainly not base a decision on whether someone has a website or not!

Nails is a rough and ready job for the builders convenience and not yours

Screws is better, and stainless screws better still. Then its the board profile and thickness to consider

Have you seen any of their other work to form an opinion?

Never, ever use nails to fasten down decking (and I bet he would use nails to attach the subframe together too). If the "slower" bloke seems legit then go with him.

We all had to start somewhere, and I still haven't got my web site up and running - and I've been trading quite successfully for 6 years.

Sponsored Links
the website doesn't mean nothing i don't see any problem using nails that is if he uses the right nails i've done a few decking jobs out of nails and screws.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back