Building completion certificate & electric meter catch22

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a neighbour who is nearing completion in converting his house into 2 seperate flats.

He has found himself in a catch22 situation whereby he can not get the completion certificates for the 2 flats from the council because the electrical has not been finished (awaiting installation of the 2 seperate electricity supplies and meter).

However, he has trouble getting the 2 seperate electricy supplies installed because the property is still a single dwelling without the building completion certificate for 2 flat conversion.

Unfortunately, the building inspector has not been helpful with this matter, and has not been willing to advice my neighbour in how to resolve this catch22 situation.

Sponsored Links
Not sure I quite follow what you mean ? but to convert a dwelling into 2 flats it certainly requires 2 separate supplies and meters, this would be done by the local utility provider . Any more info would help

...the electrical has not been finished (awaiting installation of the 2 seperate electricity supplies and meter).
When you say "awaiting", do you mean that he has paid his DNO and booked a date, or what?

However, he has trouble getting the 2 seperate electricy supplies installed
When you say "trouble", do you mean that he hasn't paid his DNO and booked a date, or what?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back