Removing chimney + moving doors - approx cost?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I just moved to live in a 1960's house and there are a few things I could do with doing :

Removing the chimney. It runs through the centre of the house (inbetween kitchen and lounge downstairs). House much should I budget to remove it?

Moving a set of uPVC double doors that go from the lounge to the conservatory? At the moment the doors are slap bang in the middle of the lounge wall and I'd like to move them to one side (the way it is at the moment the doors are opposite the main lounge door and the fireplace and it's just not practical for me). So removing doors replacing the wall, boarding and plastering then putting the doors back in further along?

A guide would be great - I don't really want to get someone out to quote (I'm new to the area) if it's going to cost too much.

Thanks,
Woo

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back