anybody taking the 17th edition? try this quiz

Sponsored Links
I agree with RF whole heartedly, those questions bear no resemblance what so ever to 17th Edition, firstly because they are written in English ;)

Q: What zones are now in the bathroom

A: The Twilight zone.

ROFLMAO!!

Sponsored Links
rolling on floor, laughing my err.. bottom off

Are your exams open book? Or do they really expect you to remember off the top of your head the difference between 4.3.2.1. and 4.2.1.2?
Hope that none of you have dylexia.
If you have to remember the exact paragraph number (rather than what the paragraph actually means) then I feel sorry for the lot of you.
What is the pass rate btw?

Are your exams open book? Or do they really expect you to remember off the top of your head the difference between 4.3.2.1. and 4.2.1.2?
Hope that none of you have dylexia.
If you have to remember the exact paragraph number (rather than what the paragraph actually means) then I feel sorry for the lot of you.
What is the pass rate btw?

you use the book to take the exam and it was a 65% pass rate

i passed yeyyyyy :LOL:

I was not happy to see it was such a low pass percentage :eek:
I got a good score, buts thats just for my own pride I guess?

Well done leeco

I got 79%, bit worrying really (on that online test thing)
Not to put any of you down, but if the exam really is questions like that, I don't see how it can really test that you are prepared for the work you do.

Those answers are correct. :rolleyes: see 522.6.7

The point was the first question says lights in steel conduit don't need to be RCD protected.

The second question says they do if the light is in a bathroom.

The questions are poorly written and contradict themselves. We all know what they are getting at, but they should write the questions properly, so there can be no uncertainty.

What score did you get on your PROPER 17th edition exam?

The pass rate? Or the pass mark?

I was told by the C&G girl that the pass mark varies from exam to exam and from loc to loc.

I only got one Q wrong.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back