Cheapest summerhouse base option

HOF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

With two small children and a 3 bed house i need to create another room as my mother in law is moving in for 6 months. With the way housing market is i cant afford to move so have just bought an 11x11 foot log cabin that im going to insulate and keep her in down the end of the garden. It also has the advantage that thats 180 foot away from the house so hopefully i wont bump into her too often : )

My question is what is the cheapest way of creating a solid base? i have looked into concrete ready mixed but access is impossile and its too expensive. What is the cheapest way for me to do this?

On a side note I have completed a decking p[roject which is slightly different to the norm. sunken into the ground 3 foot below ground i will get some pics up soon/

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Just to add would using breezeblocks ontop of hardcore with then floor bearers be an option>?

As this is going to be a habital building then you may find that Planning permission will have to be obtained to do what you are going to be doing!

As for the base then concrete is the best option really, you can have it pumped in, so access is not a problem, they can even pump it in over the roof of your house!

Sponsored Links
An 11x11 180ft from the main house :eek:

She'd be better off in prison, you'd probably like that too eh? :LOL:

Anyone ever noticed that Mother In Law is an anagram of Woman Hitler

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back