Cavity wall....and slugs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, bit of an odd request here - so here goes...

I have slugs entering my house via the cavity wall - it is not sealed where it is next to the PVC door in the kitchen.

Now, I want to stop these little critters from entering - can I just seal the cavity wall with expanding foam??? Not sure if this would cause problems with the dampproofing of the building???

Any comments would be greatly received

P.S. have sealed evey nook and cranny i can find outside but the slugs are crafty and keep finding a hole somewhere!!!! :evil:

Cheers

EM

Sponsored Links
I hate slugs... they always get into our house too. I think they come thru the cat flap! Can a slug push open a cat flat do you reckon?! :confused:

Sorry... no advice other than sprinkle salt on the little blighters! :evil:

I dont quite understand how you mean the wall is not sealed?

But... I have been having the same problem, they were getting in through the air bricks, i.e. under the suspended floor! I almost solved the problem by putting copper tape all around the openings and we rarely get them now! you can get it from B&Q, apparently the slugs dont cross it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back