Hot tubs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help,
Do hot tubs need a pump constantly running in order to heat/regulate the temperature of the water. Currently my tub seems to be losing heat about 4 degrees from the set temperature when left in cycle mode. When a proper water pump is engaged it holds the required temperature. Is this normal?

Unfortunately i have no instructions, currently searching for them but i bought the bugger from France.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...........Deano.

Sponsored Links
:evil: :evil: :evil: You un-green person, next you'll be saying you have a gas patio heater.

says the man with a 4x4 and a 4.2 litre petrol car

if your pump is not running it wont be pushing water through the heating element or filtering it so the water may get scummy very quickly.

Scummy water in a hot tub is not a good idea... god only knows what bacteria could be also in there (Legionnaires disease anyone?)

Sponsored Links
owners of hot tubs are advised to use a whole range of chemicals to keep the water "healthy" one of them kills all "bugs" there is more to keeping a hot tub than you may think

Wouldn't wanna catch some of this now would ya!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Could be worse though...

hot-tub.jpg

Looking at that hot tub positioning I can see the news headlines now...

Local man breaks legs after climbing out of hot tub in the wrong direction... claims alcohol had not impaired his judgement either in getting out of the tub or in building it there in the first place.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back