insurance required/ advised?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Due to time running out on my build I've had to face facts and get a bricky in to do the brick and block work. Just paying him a fixed price on labour to get me up to plate level.

Question is - do I need, or is it advisable, to get some form of indemnity insurance in case he does something stupid? Or is it a case of unless I specifically ask him to do something dangerous it's his own fault?

Sponsored Links
the bricky or builder should have his own liability insurance to cover any accidents etc

thanks - when you say "should"... is that something I need to check and ask for proof of or is it OK to work on the assumption.

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure you can get stupidity cover, or else the insurance market would be bankrupt.

What stupid act did you have in mind?

I'm not sure you can get stupidity cover, or else the insurance market would be bankrupt.

What stupid act did you have in mind?

:LOL:

Nothing specific, just watching him work with a petrol disc cutter has made me wince several times, wanted to make sure if he does the unthinkable I won't be liable for his wife and children's welfare.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back