external door aperture width?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just got back to find all brickwork completed up to render level, awaiting start of blocks.

Overall I'm happy, he's done a good job compared to a lot of brickies I've seen! Only minor problem is the door aperture for the back door - the plans show it as 900mm wide (I know, I drew them...) and the back door currently in place that'll be moving, is 910 roughly with an extender strip. He's made the opening 860mm which is a bit odd - unless this is a standard size and he's made an assumption? Don't mind too much if I have to get a new door & frame as long as it's a standard size, there is another place the old one can be used, but if it'll require a bespoke one doing I'll have the wall rebuilt!

Sponsored Links
just realised I've put this in the wrong forum after reading another topic I posted :oops: If a mod could shift it for me please?

a standard 33" door + frame will require brickwork opening size of around 925mm.

likewise a 26" door + frame - 848mm.

Sponsored Links
hmmm so he's gone a bit bigger than a 26" door.

Really didn't want the brickwork to come back down again but it's his mistake, he can cope I'm sure...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back