Lifting A Shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello again everyone.

Heres a question. I have a shed in my garden (i think that the size is 6'x6') which I need to raise a little and put some 4x2 or 4x4 under (I havent decided how high i want it yet.

The question is, how can i do this on my own? Anyone have any great suggestions? I have tried lifting it but i can hardly shift it. I was thinking of cutting 5 or 6 beams at the correct length and then shove them under once i have lifted it but dont know how. Need the easiest method for doing this other that getting loads of people around to lift it up.

Sponsored Links
yea as mentioned get a few substantial planks, your 4x4 would be fine, and lever it up. slide a block/brick under the edge and redo the other side.

To be honest I wouldn't attempt lifting it on my own, you should have someone to assist you at least, one to lift and the other to chock the shed as you go.

I would start with a fairly long crowbar levering it up one side at a time and then place the timber under in stages or if you are using 6x2 you could use a long piece of this to lever the shed up whilst another person chocks it up!

Sponsored Links
Take all the stuff out, lean it over by pushing near the top and kick a length of timber underneath, repeat other side.

I'll give it a try this weekend :) Someone should invent something small for jobs like these and go on Dragons Den, could apply to Fridges, Freezers etc. If anyone does invent one though, remember me !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back