Topsoil Question

it means it has had all the crap removed from it. However topsoil is a very loose term. there are different grades and different definitions of screening. e went to a job where one couple had paid £120 for a load of topsoil to be put in their front garden. Very nicely screened, except it was pure clay that had been put there. Sample it first and if you dont like the look of it dont accept it. get it from a decent landscape supplier, you get what you pay for

Sponsored Links
Thanks for explaining. Thing is, I was gonna order it online, so I won't see it. This is what their website says for the compost and topsoil:

Green Waste Compost, an environmentally friendly and high quality alternative to peat products. An ideal soil conditioner and substitute for topsoil in gardens, or for topdressing on sports turf areas.

Topsoil, top quality soil sourced from green field sites (as opposed to skip waste!). Screened to 20mm or 10mm.

Does that sound good, bad or indifferent? :confused:

I still cant find any other alternatives to paying over £80. Anyone in the London area know of a supplier of soil action that is cheap. I dont want anything too grand, just something to raise the levels and have turf put on.

Sponsored Links
Nice link, thanks for that. This one sounds quite reasonable, gonna have to see if they do deliveries.

Thompsons will deliver locally for about a fiver. Delivery to central London about £50-£60. Topsoil from them can be delivered loose, in cubic metre grab bags, or bagged.

Mr pickles

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back