fixing clad to old soffit?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am planning on cladding my soffit and fascia board. The old asbestos soffit sits in a grove in the fascia board, then rests on top of the external brick work and is nailed down to it. I plan to over board this, how should i fix the back of the board up? i can't reach in from the loft to hold timber there for screws, and there is no timber there from the roof. My only thought was to use spring toggles but that would mean making a hole in the old boards, then i would put a cao on the screw. thanks

Sponsored Links
You would normal fix a U channel to the wall to hold the soffit board there, and then drop the new fascia a bit so that the new soffit slots between it and the bottom of the old fascia.

Or use an external "no nails" adhesive!

i see that might work, might be tricky getting it in the channel but also it would be hard to get the channel so near the top of the bricks. I think ill use some adhesive and prop it up with some wood un til it drys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back