Using Yacht deck paint on decking?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'll soon be ready to paint/treat my newly built decking. Having read lots of other posts it's seems that this is the point where you can make a big long-lasting mistake by choosing the wrong treatment!

I've been put off the idea of stain because that eventually flakes off, so am now thinking of using Cuprinol Deck Oil.

Would I need to apply the oil every year to freshen up the deck?

Also I've heard of someone using Yachting Deck Paint on their decking, which apparently is so tough it lasts for many years. Does anyone have any experience of this?

Many thanks for your advice

Sponsored Links
yacht varnish is designed to go on smooth yacht decks and be removed and re-done on a regularish basis. Decks are not easy to remove any paint, stain or varnish from due to the type of wood and the irregular surface. Go with decking oil. it does the job and nourishes the wood.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back