supporting wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've just bought a property with a tiny galley kitchen and a massive dining room. The wall between is a supporting wall. I would like to create an opening to make a kitchen diner. How do I go about this? what is the max size I can create......,,,,any ideas welcome.... Thanks :) Tina & Eric

Sponsored Links
.........also,..........whats it cost when BCO is involved?

Thanks, Tina & Eric :)

BCO will need to be involved - not sure of the costs - a phone call to your local office will sort that one out.

You can create any size you want providing you can accomodate the depth of required steel without spoiling the effect you want with downstands, and the existing walls/foundations can take the new point loads. It may also be acing as a shear wall against wind loads (you don't say if it's detached, semi or terraced) which may dictate how much you can take away.

Best bet is to get some drawings to a SE and see what they say - you'll need one on board to design whatever you end up doing, so early involvement can't be a bad thing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back