electric raker and scrificer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help me i've googled sacrificer and i can't find a thing

I have a lawn thats been well neglected and left under breeze block pallets for 2 years.

Cant afford to lay new.

brought a machine in B&Q electric raker scrificer for £10.59 reduced from £69 as handle holes in the wrong place?

turns out nothing wrong with it BONUS!
but!!!!....what is it for :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

i know the rake side of it but the sacrificer i am assuming its a mini ploughing type thing.

but could some one give me some pointers if possible, i've already thrown new grass seeds they look good but its still very patchy,.

I wish I had found this machine a few months ago but it seems im doing it all the wrong way around as already planted.

Would it hurt now to sacrifice and re lay grass seeds again
or do i scarific and leave it to alone.
or is it to late in the year.

i don't want tennis court i just want to be a bit kinder to the grass :D :D as i've got no trees to hug :LOL:

thanks all

apoligise for any spelling I have a half cracked monitor screen and cant move the spell checker over. :(

Sponsored Links
Scarifying a lawn is done to remove the dead thatch of grass that builds up at the base of the shoots during the years cutting. It is also done sometimes after killing moss, to rake out the dead stuff.

I dont know what you have bought but i would imagine a scarifier is only for that job and the sprung tines (the blade type bits) are not heavy or firmly enough sprung to use for rotovating or similar.

It sounds like your grass could do with killing and starting again. Its not too late or expensive, just a bit of hard work.

Your product is a SCARIFIER not scarifiCier

Thank you for posting.
I tried a small section and stopped as its quiet depressing and frightening, it does do as you say , completely tunred teh grassed patch into broken soil.

I have 5 settings, and on 5 i dont think it would even turn, it goes very deep.

but were i have turned no more grass remains :eek: :eek:

It did dig up some cluimps of grass roots more like thick plant roots than grass?

I' m going to buy lots of seeds tomorrow and plant again.

Now you have asured me i wont be left with a glastonbury garden :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back